The World's Largest Annual Lighting Conference
The Pre-Conference LIGHTFAIR Institute® and LIGHTFAIR Conference five-day program features 78 course offerings and more than 130 speakers. The 2015 program includes 11 Institute courses, 15 Institute workshops, 29 seminars, two Conference workshops, five Forum seminars, 12 60-minute sessions, two 30-minute Power Lunches and two Lunch & Learn seminars – totaling more than 210 hours with accreditation.
Register for LFI 2015 Now
Looking for course descriptions or the schedule?
SEARCH ONLINE by key word, type of course, topic or speaker with this tool:
OR PRINT & REVIEW the 2015 Conference Information PDFs:
Overview - a 3-page overview of all 78 courses offered at LFI
Schedule at a Glance - a 3-page document with all 78 courses in chronological order
Advanced Computer-Aided Lighting Design Using Visual
David DiLaura, Randall King, Kenny Lindstrom and Tim Sears from Acuity Brands, Inc. will demonstrate the latest features and functionality in Visual to improve design productivity.
Like this course? You may also be interested in other 2-day Institute courses:
- Computer-Aided Lighting Analysis with DIALux evo 4
- AGi32 Basic Course
- Basic Lighting
- Intermediate Lighting
"LFI is the single most significant event in lighting today. It is the one place to discover new technologies and trends...and accelerate your participation in the fast paced world of lighting. Nobody does it better!" - Steven K.
Conference at a Glance
LFI Controls & Connectivity Forum NEW!
The new LFI Controls & Connectivity Forum will take place on Wednesday, May 6 and it will cover current and near-future research with case studies that showcase best practices for the present and future. This educational experience includes five 90-minute seminars led by subject matter experts. Find out more.
Pressed for Time?
Shorter-Length Course Options NEW!
In-demand shorter-length educational offerings will also make their debut at LFI 2015.
60-minute sessions (May 5-7)
30-minute Power Lunches (May 6)
Attendees can add these shorter options to enhance their learning experience at LIGHTFAIR. Find out more.
Focus on Integrated Design
The LIGHTFAIR® International 2015 Conference curriculum will champion integrated design as a central theme linking all courses, workshops and seminars in common focus to illustrate how technology, tools, problem-solving and inspiration converge in contemporary practice.
The integrated design focus is advanced by the 2015 LFI Conference Advisory Committee to recognize the need for the creation of socially responsible, effective and aesthetically pleasing environments. The LIGHTFAIR 2015 Conference will create a vibrant atmosphere in which experts from diverse disciplines come together to present, discuss, debate, exchange and explore best practices and emerging concepts.
The LIGHTFAIR 2015 Conference provides knowledge and perspectives on how a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach can improve design outcomes for the betterment of the human experience through four themes/tracks:
- Inspiration – Rule-breakers, trailblazers and visionaries dramatically influence our industry. Sessions provide a synthesis of factors from inside and outside of the established lighting community.
- Applications Research – Scientific analysis related to how we interact with the environment around us informs design.
- Technology & Tools – Innovative lighting equipment, software, studies and legislation are introduced every year. Using these elements to shape the design, or enhance and challenge the collaborative process, builds a stronger solution.
- Methodology – Processes using collaborative, interdisciplinary approaches can result in more effective project solutions. Working together and exploring diverse methods can streamline these processes.