The 2023 Call for Speakers is now closed.
LightFair will host the world’s premier lighting conference at the Javits Center in New York City from May 21-25, 2023. Emerging and experienced professionals from across commercial and architectural lighting will gather to learn new skills and advance the industry.
LightFair is seeking engaged subject-matter experts, multidisciplinary professionals, designers, technology enthusiasts, architects, engineers, inventors, disruptors, scientists, researchers, urban planners, facility managers, community builders – this is your chance to teach an engaged audience while expanding opportunities for yourself and the lighting industry. If you are interested in lighting, YOU belong at LightFair.
The deadline for applications was October 21, 2022. Proposals will be reviewed by the Conference Advisory Committee and selected speakers will be notified via email in December 2022.
Applications Now Closed
Enjoy the spotlight and speaker perks.
Presenting at LightFair is a prestigious, paid speaking opportunity. If selected as a LightFair 2023 speaker, you will receive:
- Compensation (see details below)
- Free accommodation in New York (one complimentary hotel night per course day for out-of-town speakers)
- Technology and necessary equipment for your presentation
- Custom LightFair branded graphics to promote your session
- 3-day unlimited Conference and Exhibit Hall access (excludes Pre-Conference)
Compensation for confirmed speakers
All speakers will receive a 3-Day Conference Package. Travel and incidentals will NOT be covered.
Includes one complimentary hotel night per course day for out-of-town speakers. Does NOT include free admittance to Pre-Conference courses.
One speaker $500
Two $350 each
One speaker $875
Two or more $450 each
1-Day and 2-Day Courses.
One speaker $1750
Two or more $900 each
Craft Your Proposal: Go Niche, Broad or Interdisciplinary
Consider topics that fall under one or more of our five (5) broad, suggested themes. Don't hesitate to pitch a topic you are knowledgeable and passionate about even if it does not fall under one of these categories. Draw from your experience. Craft a strong proposal that demonstrates the benefit/s of your session to LightFair's multidisciplinary audience.
Click on each header below to see potential topic ideas. Feel free to explore the overlap and intersection between different areas.
Explore modern business challenges and solutions. Share insights for effective communication, management, and business development.
- Promoting Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
- Understanding Legal: Liability, Contract Language
- Professional Growth: Marketing, Award Submissions, Public Speaking
- Communication: Writing, Narratives, Specifications, Video-Conference Best Practices, Delivering Memorable and Effective Presentations
- Professional Certifications and Licensing
- Management and Conflict Resolution
- Economic Strategy: Billing, Recession-Proofing
Understanding advancements in science, standards, and research is critical to our profession. Help attendees build a strong foundation on the fundamentals and keep up with recent developments.
- Psychology and Human Experience
- Standards and Codes
- Biology: Physiology, Circadian Entrainment, Flora & Fauna, Biophilic Design, Horticulture
- Sustainability and Environmental Impact: Dark sky, Circular Economy
- Skylight, Sunlight, Firelight, Moonlight
Delve into your process for navigating interdisciplinary coordination, lighting design, installation and/or integration.
- Project Case Studies
- Product Design, 3D Printing, and Manufacturing Practices
- Construction Administration
- Design Tools: BIM, VR & AR, Visualization and Rendering
- Collaboration Tools
- Building Certifications and Goals (WELL, LEED, Net Zero, LBC)
- Systems Integration (A/V, Energy Management)
- Cultural Awareness
Celebrate the beauty in lighting. Light as art; art as light. What inspires you?
The here and now, the future…
- Components: Optics, Sources, Materials
- Testing & Measurement
- Product Design
- Environmental Labelling (DECLARE, EU Dir. 852, 849
- Lighting Controls
- BIG Data
- Smart Cities
Have other topic ideas?
We invite and encourage you to send us the topic you have in mind even if you don’t see it listed here. Plus, here are some additional topics our attendees would love to learn about:
- The Buying Process: Who Are the Players and How Do We Need to Communicate?
- Environmental Considerations for Outdoor Lighting - LM 11-20
- Communicating Customs, Modifications, and Made-to-Order Product Solutions
- BIM Modeling Panel with Engineer, Specifier, Software Vendor and Manufacturer
- Navigating Custom, Modified, and Made-to-Order Lighting Products
The Industry Comes Together at LightFair
Visualize the overlap and potential for multidisciplinary interconnections within lighting and beyond. If you're interested in lighting, you belong at LightFair.
Download the Industry Overlap Graphic
Connected By Light
Applications Now Closed.