Your best innovations deserve to be celebrated. Submit products for consideration by March 12, 2021.
Is your product the solution to a complex lighting design challenge? Could your innovation make a positive impact on the quality of our lives? Did your team turn an idea into reality? Tell us more!
How to submit entries
- Review the rules and guidelines below and have your materials ready.
- Click on the SUBMIT button to access the Innovation Awards Dashboard.
- Use your user ID and password for the Exhibitor Resource Center. On the dashboard, go to LF Innovation Awards.
Please be sure to review all guidelines and have materials ready before submitting.
What you'll need to submit
Please have all product information prepared for on-line submittal, including:
- Product name
- Long description of your product (600 characters, including spaces)—for judging and the Awards presentation
- Short description of your product (120 characters, including spaces)—for the LIA Program / Brochure / Website
- Why your Product is innovative (description - 250 characters, including spaces)
- Product image in JPG format (300-dpi resolution or higher) Non-conforming images will not be accepted.
- Brochure or Spec Sheet in PDF or DOC (or DOCX) format IMPORTANT NOTE: All files submitted must be labeled with company name and product name.Refrain from using spaces, trademarks, @ symbols, dashes, parentheses and commas when naming files. If a space is needed, please use an underscore (_). For example: yourCompanyName_newProductName_Brochure.pdf (no spaces).
The number of submittals is tied to each exhibitor's square footage; square footage is based on contract. Separate booths under one contract are counted as one booth with total sq. footage as outlined in contract. Pavilions: The number of submittals is based on sq. footage, not on the individual companies or brands contained within a pavilion. No exceptions. The actual products do not have to be sent in for judging but the submitted product (at least a prototype) must be ready and showcased at LightFair 2021. Please pay close attention to grammar and photo quality. The LIA Committee reserves the right to edit descriptions. Decisions by the LIA Committee/ Judges are final.
Number of Submittals based on booth size:
- 10' x 10' and 10' x 20' booths (100 / 200 sq. ft.) 1 product
- 10' x 30' and 20' x 20' booths (300 / 400 sq. ft.) 2 products
- 10' x 50' and 30' x 50' booths (500 / 1,500 sq. ft.) 3 products
- 40' x 40' and 40' x 60' booths (1600 / 2,400 sq. ft.) 4 products
- Booth size greater than 40' x 60' (2,500 + sq. ft.) 8 products
Only open to LightFair 2021 exhibitors and for new products launched between scheduled LightFair 2020 (May 7, 2020) and LightFair 2021. If you entered a specific product in the past, it CANNOT be entered again.
Please note the following
- Only one product per category will be awarded "Best of Category". The Technical Award, the Design Excellence Award and the Most Innovative Product of the Year Award will come from the Best of Category Winners. The Judges are allowed a Judges' Citation Award which can come from the full body of entries at their discretion. (Attempts to lobby judges will forfeit consideration for awards.) The LIA Committee has the right to shorten descriptions for editing purposes.
- One completed entry form is required for EACH product entered. If you entered a product in a past LIA, it CANNOT be entered again.
- Incorrectly labeled images and documents will be automatically disqualified. THE IMAGE FILE MUST BE LABELED CORRECTLY with both your company AND product name/number.
- Please review requirements carefully FIRST and have all available product information prepared for all fields, including: Long & Short Product Description, Image (labeled with your company name AND product name / number), and Brochure (or Spec Sheet). This is to avoid being timed out during the submission process. Also, please see Helpful tips below.
- All entries must be received by March 12, 2021.
All decisions by the LIA Committee and LIA Judges are final. By submitting you are agreeing to the rules outlined here. You will receive an email confirming your submittal. Please contact us if you do NOT receive this email within 5 minutes of submitting.
Award Submission Categories
- Non-Luminous: Research, Publications, Software and Specialty Hardware
- Lamps: Conventional, Retrofit and Replacement
- LED / OLED Chips and Modules
- Ballasts, Transformers, Drivers, Systems and Kits
- Track, Display, Undercabinet and Shelf
- Recessed Downlights, Wall Washers and Multiples
- Indoor Decorative
- Parking, Roadway and Area Luminaires
- Sports, Step, Landscape, Pool & Fountain Luminaires
- Controls: Components, Sensors, Interfaces and Software
- Commercial Indoor: Troffers, Suspended and Surface Mounted
- Industrial, Vandal, Emergency and Exit
- Dynamic Color, Theatrical, Cove, Strips and Tape
- Control and Distribution Systems, Connectivity and Analytics
Award submittal form
The submittal system will automatically limit the number of products allowed - based on your contract and square footage. We cannot accept the product itself, only electronic information.
- Please have all your materials ready before you begin to avoid being timed out during your submission. You have a total of ONE HOUR to complete the submission process.
- We recommend that you check character / word counts in advance by pasting your short or long description into a blank, new email in OUTLOOK, then selecting TOOLS, then WORD COUNT. Please check your character count WITH spaces.
Ready to Submit?
All product entries for 2021 MUST be submitted online via the Exhibitor Resource Center. Submissions must be received between January 12 – March 12, 2021. You will need your username & password to log in and submit. Go to the Exhibitor Resource Center, then Select LightFair Innovation Awards.
Remember: The deadline is March 12, 2021
Please forward this information to the appropriate colleagues to ensure your products are submitted on time. We look forward to receiving your product submissions.